How to become an impressive, effective and authoritative chairperson
Date: 2nd May 2018
Chairing meetings effectively is a hard task to manage. If you have to manage meetings, whether team meetings, client meetings, board meetings or management meetings, then this is a must attend course for you. Attendees of this course will hear essential guidelines on necessary planning, preparation, corporate governance responsibilities, structure and processing of meetings to ensure successful outcomes for your meetings. Following this course, you will be able to manage any meeting, at any level, effectively and productively.
It will also provide opportunities to practice chairing and participating at meetings.
We guarantee that you will be learning from two highly experienced trainers who are experienced in bringing out the best in people of all levels of experience.
What topics will be covered?
- How to run effective meetings
- Common problems associated with meetings.
- Responsibilities of the meeting Chair.
- Corporate responsibilities of the chair
- How to become an impressive and authoritative chairperson
- Use of statements, questions, listening, acknowledging, clarifying, summarising, confirming.
- Deciding the type of meeting, level of formality and leading/chairing style.
- Planning & clear guidelines for the structure of the meeting: preparation, drawing up a sequential, informative, timed and clear agendas.
- Leading meetings: effective positive, motivational introductions, clarifying ground rules/objectives.
- Apply the skills of leading, processing and controlling meetings.
- Clarifying and gaining agreement with objectives.
- Facilitate discussion & involve participants
- Solve problems & Make decisions
- Handle difficult people
- Exploring different situations/behaviours: reviewing options for handling these appropriately.
- Achieving positive outcomes
- Gaining positive participation. Concluding positively: by gaining agreement on actions, accountabilities and deadlines.
- Supporting individuals, building on their contributions and ideals.
- Writing minutes
- Managing follow-through
This course is vital for anyone who chairs meets at all levels or plans to become a chair of meetings in the future.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full day.
Sonya Meekel – MSc, M.A, BSc Eng, P.G Dip.Proj Mang, PG Dip Ed, C.Eng, M.I.E.I., Lecturer at Dublin Institute of Technology
Sonya has extensive management experience having worked as a Consultant Engineer and as Project Manager for several years. Sonya is a highly regarded professional trainer and is a trainer and consultant to companies across the country, on topics such as Time Management, Negotiation Skills, People Management, Presentation Skills, to name a few. Working for companies such as ABM Europe, White Young Green and Balzar Engineering, Sonya was responsible for the management and coordination of numerous teams and developed the practice of understanding, developing and deploying people and their skills. Sonya now lecturers at DIT, where she specialises in people and project management. She is also currently active in the areas of management and training for international projects.
CMG Professional Training courses take place at our state-of-the-art training facility in the Apex Building situated in the Beacon Quarter of Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18. The CMG Training Centre is accessible by the Luas, (Sandyford line, Stillorgan stop – 6 mins walk) several bus options (the number 11 travels from O Connell street Dublin and stops directly outside the training centre) and we are situated very close to the M50 at the Beacon Hospital corner. There are several car parks within a three minute walk from the training centre with very competitive ‘all day’ parking rates and we have a range of coffee shops (including Starbucks) as well as shops and restaurants nearby.
Date, Time & Venue:
Date: 2nd May, 2018
Times: 9.30 am to 4.00pm
Venue: Apex Building, Blackthorn Road, Sandyford Dublin 18
This course costs €395 to attend, and includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and coffee for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.Telephone:+353 1 2933650