A one day course – limited places remaining!
Date: 4th October 2017
Amazingly, recent research carried out by the Carnegie Institute of Technology showed that 85% of your financial success is due to your Personality and your ability to Communicate, Negotiate and Lead and only 15% is due to your technical knowledge. In today’s economic climate, management training is becoming increasingly valuable and in particular, successfully managing a team of people to reach a desired objective or set of objectives is a skill you simply cannot be without. You will not succeed without the proper training!
The impact of your personality, communication style technical abilities will be reflected in your team, their morale, their (and yours) success levels, the organisations targets and objectives and overall attitudes. If you don’t have the skills set to develop your team, the team will go nowhere, things won’t happen as required and so on. Having good people management skills in place is absolutely vital if you are to succeed in achieving the goals and objectives set out. A person with great people management skills is often reflected in the following;
- Motivates the team / employee’s to take action and engage them with a compelling mission and vision
- Has the assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance
- Can create a culture of clear accountability
- Build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency
- Makes decisions that are based on productivity, not politics
Unfortunately, recent research reveals that as little as one in ten people may possess the above abilities or skills to be described as above. However, with proper training, you will.
This is an extremely popular course as it teaches you essential people management skills, arms you with the necessary knowledge and education to effectively manage the people in your dept. / team / business or organisation, often with immediate effect! This training course is also CPD certified with 5 structured CPD points.
Your personality and your impact on the team as their manager
- Identify the key qualities you will need for effective people management
- Understand your personality and its potential impact on your responsibilities as manager
- Identify your management style
- Find out what are the more common mistakes made by managers and how to identify them before it’s too late
- Strategy for great time management to plan your diary for weeks, even months ahead
Become a better communicator
- What does ‘effective communications’ mean?
- Gain a better understanding of the communication process
- Identify the key communication techniques you will need to deal with common challenges such as – change management, problem solving, delegation and discipline issues
The power of motivation
- Understand what is motivation
- How you can create a motivational environment
- Is there a particular motivational style that suits you?
- The damage caused by demotivation
- Can you have significant loss or extra costs from demotivation?
- Recognize the building blocks & key elements of the motivational process
The benefits of Delegation
- Are there different types of delegation?
- Benefits and challenges of delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
- What’s the difference between “Urgent” and “Important”
Managing Difficult Situations
- How to spot potential difficult situations arising
- Identify the REAL issues
- How to address sensitive employee situations with skill and diplomacy
- Managing and working with ‘Difficult People’
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- The importance of confidence when dealing with conflict or disputes
Performance Management & Staff Appraisals
- Managing performance through objective setting
- Preparing for the Performance Appraisal
- The different types of performance appraisals
- How to conduct a performance appraisal / the purpose / write an appraisal report / discussion
- Talking about performance and non-performance / providing feedback in a constructive manner
- Case studies and workshops
This CMG MasterClass will be of particular interest to senior management who wish to develop formal skills in people management, as well as people who are currently in, or about to enter a management position, team leaders, supervisors, and individuals with management responsibilities. Executives in both the public and private sectors, and professionals who have recently moved into management roles will find this course extremely beneficial.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points.
MSc M.A, BSc Eng, P.G Dip.Proj Man, P.G Dip Ed, C.Eng, M.I.E.I., Lecturer Dublin Institute of Technology
Sonya has extensive management experience having worked as a Consultant Engineer and as Project Manager within the construction sector for several years.
Having worked for companies such as ABM Europe, White Young Green and Balzar Engineering, Sonya was responsible for the management and coordination of numerous teams and developed the practice of understanding, developing and deploying people and their skills. Sonya now lecturers in DIT, where she specialises in People and Project Management. She is also currently active in the areas of management and training for international projects.
CMG Professional Training courses take place at our state-of-the-art training facility in the Apex Building situated in the Beacon Quarter of Sandyford Industrial Estate, Dublin 18. The CMG Training Centre is accessible by the Luas, (Sandyford line, Stillorgan stop – 6 mins walk) several bus options (the number 11 travels from O Connell street Dublin and stops directly outside the training centre) and we are situated very close to the M50 at the Beacon Hospital corner. There are several car parks within a three minute walk from the training centre with very competitive ‘all day’ parking rates and we have a range of coffee shops (including Starbucks) as well as shops and restaurants nearby.
Date, Time & Venue:
Date: 4th October, 2017
Times: 9.30 am to 4.00pm
Venue: Apex Building, Blackthorn Road, Sandyford Dublin 18
This course costs €345.00 per person and includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, nespresso coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.Telephone:+353 1 2933650