We all attend a number of meetings. Some can be very beneficial, while others can simply feel like a waste of time. By introducing some relatively simple changes to the way we plan, structure and manage meetings, significant productivity gains and business benefits can be achieved.
Attendees of this course will hear essential guidelines on necessary planning, preparation, corporate governance responsibilities, structure and processing of meetings to ensure successful outcomes for your meetings. Following this course, you will be able to manage any meeting, at any level, effectively and productively. The course will also provide opportunities to practice chairing and participating at meetings.
We guarantee that you will be learning from two highly experienced trainers who are experienced in bringing out the best in people of all levels of experience.
- How to become a more authoritative chairperson
- Understanding emotional intelligence and different behaviours amongst attendees
- Corporate responsibilities of the Chair
- Deciding the type of meeting, level of formality and leading/chairing style.
- Planning & clear guidelines for the structure of the meeting: preparation, drawing up a sequential, informative, timed and clear agenda.
- Apply the skills of leading, processing and controlling meetings.
- Exploring different situations/behaviors: reviewing options for handling these appropriately.
- Achieving positive outcomes
- Gaining positive participation. Concluding positively: by gaining agreement on actions, accountabilities and deadlines.
- Writing minutes and managing follow through
- Terminologies and legalities surrounding meetings
Who should attend?
If you have the responsibility for planning, chairing, conducting or managing successful meetings, this highly practical course will be very beneficial to you.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full day.
This course costs €365 (Early-bird) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.