The Workplace Relations Act has generated much discussion and debate since its commencement in 2015. Stakeholders have noted improvements in the manner in which disputes are now dealt with but have also identified problems and failings in the new system. The Act also radically reforms the way employment law claims are processed and adjudicated.
This course will bring you up to date on some of the key themes and issues arising from both the enactment of the new mechanisms under the 2015 Act and from some important case law.
In this 1-day training course, Stephen Hanaphy BL and CMG will bring you through those “steps”, and provide updates on important developments in employment law and workplace relations.
This course will bring you up to date on some of the key themes and issues arising from both the enactment of the new mechanisms under the 2015 Act and from some very important case law.
- Ensuring compliance with procedure: in particular, satisfying the requirement of “fairness”
- Decreasing the Gender Pay Gap
- The handling and defending of claims taken to the Workplace Relations Commission: getting the technicalities right
- Protected Disclosures in the workplace: the increasingly audible whistle in the workplace
- The contract of employment: getting it right. Where are the most common weak areas? How can we learn from the mistakes identified in reported litigation?
- Bullying in the work place: we’ll conduct a survey of the development of this complex area in Irish law, and consider its future in court claims
- Discrimination and reasonable accommodation: equipping the business for all employees
- Unfair & Constructive Dismissal
- These can be very costly claims – learn the best ways to avoid disputes in these areas
- How to ensure a smooth parting of the ways
- Procedure for identifying the need for redundancies
- Following fair and non-discriminatory procedure
- Social Media in the workplace: policies and complications that can arise from “tweeting”, “liking”, “instagramming”, “whatsapping” etc!
Who should attend?
Legal Firms, Employment Lawyers, Solicitors, HR Managers, Employee Relation Professionals, Industrial Relation Professionals, Senior Management.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.