How to save valuable time and gain confidence in your role as minute taker.
A minute taker has an important role in ensuring meetings are productive. You need to be competent and efficient in this role. This one day training course will take you through a step-by-step approach to producing effective minutes – giving templates to help you produce structured agendas and take notes effectively. We will have practical exercises on the day to help you be more confident of your abilities in a real situation.
At the end of the course, attendees will receive a full informative course pack to refer back to, and will gain 5 structured CPD hours.
- How to save valuable time and gain confidence in your role as minute taker.
- Preparation – working effectively with the chair and colleagues when preparing the agenda, meeting papers and minutes.
- Taking effective notes quickly
- Recognise your own barriers to achieve active listening – maintain concentration and capture key points.
- Learn tried and tested note-taking techniques - writing in bullet points, focusing on action points, asking questions, maintaining focus, organising a break, recording motions and minute taking tips.
- Writing and editing minutes - Making sense of the notes – immediately after the meeting is the language used ‘reader-friendly’?; The need to make the minutes visually appealing; Formatting and structuring the minutes for clarity and professionalism; action points; Checking for accuracy – facts, grammar and punctuation; Have the minutes achieved their purpose?
Who Should Attend?
This one day training course is for anyone with responsibility for taking minutes that need to upskill and improve their approach.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €375 (Early-bird) normal rate is €495. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.