Risk is the main cause of uncertainty in any organisation, and it is important to be able to identify risks and manage them before they even affect the business. The ability to manage risk will help organisations act more confidently on future business decisions, and this knowledge will give them more informed options on how to handle potential problems.
This seminar will take you through the principles underpinning a successful Risk Management system and how to implement such a system. We will show you how to conduct a practical risk assessment, involving risk identification, analysis, evaluation and treatment.
This CPD certified course will provide an understanding of risk and risk management within the context of governance and will help enable attendees to identify its many benefits and objectives, as well as its role in quality decision making. This course will mainly focus on practical applications of the risk management ISO 31000 guidelines (widely applied in the private sector and is the international risk management standard recommended to all public sector organisations). All attendees will receive a full course pack to refer back to at any time and will gain 5 Structured CPD hours to add to their yearly requirements (if applicable).
Introduction to risk management concepts
- Understand the risk management vocabulary as deﬁned by ISO 31000
- Understand the beneﬁts of risk management to an organisation
- Understand the ISO 31000 risk management principles and how they inﬂuence the risk management framework and process
- Focus on human factors and case studies
- The role of RM in quality decision-making
- Understand the risk management framework at a high level
- Detailed presentation of the risk management process
- Risk identiﬁcation, risk analysis, risk evaluation and risk treatment
Risk assessment tools and methodologies overview
- Risk Assessment Workshop
- Risk communication
- Risk monitoring and review
- A test and revision on the elements learned during the day
Who Should Attend?
Risk officers, senior managers, internal auditors, compliance officers. Anyone wishing to establish, implement and maintain a risk management system. Those wishing to update their risk management knowledge to current practice.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.