Leadership continuity and succession planning is vital for all organisations. Maybe you intend to retire soon and it is important to ensure a smooth transition of leadership. Have you built up a strong talent pipeline and potential replacements of people important to your success as a business?
Succession planning should affect the firm’s long-term goals and objectives. Now is the time to start planning!!
This one day training course will give you key tools to understand the role of succession planning within the strategic business planning framework of the whole organisation, and will enable you to start planning sooner rather than later.
- Legal / tax aspects of business succession.
- How to Develop an outline process which will enable succession planning
- Navigating family relationship challenges
- Step by step guide for succession planning
- Managing the tax efficient transition of your wealth to the next generation
- Identify assets for transfer now and in the future
- Review and implement appropriate restructuring options
- Lifetime planning including lifetime gifting and potentially transferring the business to the next generation during lifetime.
- Advising on the tax reliefs.
- Having arrangements in place to deal with sudden incapacity including an enduring power of attorney.
- Having a Will in place which is appropriate from a legal and tax perspective.
- Ensuring within the company there are appropriate agreements in place including Shareholders Agreements and possibly Family Charters in the case of family companies.
Tutor: Tina Quealy, O’Connell Brennan Solicitors
- Getting the Business ready for succession planning
- Understand the importance of developing family and non-family in the skills required for the future success of the business
- Choosing internal or external succession
- Creating specific, individualised development plans for key candidates.
- Monitoring performance of potential successors, key tick boxes
- Leadership can be a lonely place – Providing a mentor for potential leaders to help provide guidance can be invaluable
- How to help potential successors become aware of the wider range of strategic and management issues the firm faces and how to address them
- Drop Dead & Contingency arrangements
- Recognising your own sell-by date and creating a clear path to be followed to ensure the reins are handed over at the appropriate time
- Shared experience from peers and best practice
- Effective Tools and processes that can be implemented immediately
- Shareholders/ stakeholders to consider
Tutor: Paul Keogh, Family Business Advisor, Paul Keogh & Associates
Who Should Attend?
This event will be of real interest to management in all organisations who are looking to put a succession plan in place including law firms, business consultancies, accountancy practices, family run business etc.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €425 (Early-bird) normal rate is €475, Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.