Project management tools, and particularly MS Project, give you improved estimations, greater control, easier tracking, better collaboration, and results that are easier to measure. However, those who are new to this program may not be familiar with how it works, or how it applies to their project specifically.
This CPD Certified training course will give attendees a highly informative introduction to MS Project, and how the software can be effectively used as a powerful tool to produce, develop and manage project schedules, and how it can assist in effectively communicating project deliverables and milestones. It will be of benefit to those who wish to improve their project planning and management techniques, and will enable participants to manage, schedule and track projects successfully and provide essential project management information.
- Concepts of project management and scheduling
- The project lifecycle and project phases
- Fundamental importance of defining – and agreeing – project scope
- Developing a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to define project scope
- Creating a schedule based on the WBS
- Understanding task dependencies
- Understanding the project baseline
Developing a project schedule
- Setting the Calendar
- Entering Tasks
- Entering Recurring Tasks (e.g. progress or review meetings)
- Creating Milestones
- Defining Task dependencies
- Working with the Critical Path and setting the Project Baseline
Working with resources
- Creating a Resource Pool
- Working with Resource Calendars
- Assigning Resources to project tasks
- Understanding Effort Driven and Non-Effort Driven scheduling
Communicating Project Data
- Printing Gantt Charts
- Exporting the Timeline
- Exporting information to other applications (e.g. MS Word, MS PowerPoint)
Who Should Attend?
The course is suitable for team leaders and project managers who wish to become more familiar with this project management tool, and how it can be used to aid in managing and planning a project successfully to completion. This course will be of benefit to a wide range of individuals from various sectors, and would be of relevance to project managers, engineers, site supervisors and team leaders, and anyone who’s role involves the planning and scheduling of tasks.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 6 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.