This CPD certified training day will give you an overview of the concepts and principles of project management.
You will gain practical understanding of proven scope and scheduling techniques, and the risk management processes that will contribute to the successful delivery of your project. This course will also show you practical management techniques and methodologies. Aligned with the Project Management Institutes (PMI’s) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) the course content also references PRINCE2 and Agile Project Management techniques.
Project Management Essentials
- Project Management Terminology and Definitions
- Project Stakeholders
- The Project Lifecycle
- Project Success Factors
- The Project Charter
- Scope Planning – Produce a Scope Statement
- Scope Definition – Create the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Scope Verification and Control
- Activity Sequencing – the Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Resource Planning – Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Schedule Development – Timeline (or Gantt) and Milestone Charts
Project Risk Management
- Risk Identification – Develop a Risk Register
- Risk Scoring for Management Focus
- Risk Response Planning – Strategies to adopt
- Risk Monitoring & Control
- Project Charter
- Project Scope Statement
- Project Risk Register
- Project Change Request Form
- Project Progress Report
- Project Closeout Report
Who Should Attend?
This course will be highly useful to those who are about to participate on a project team for the first time or – as project managers – are assigned to deliver their inaugural project. It would also serve as an excellent refresher to those who may not have received formal training on project management techniques.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €375 early-bird rate. Includes full training pack (for post-training referral) as well as one on one interaction with one of the country’s leading industry experts. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, light refreshments, nespresso coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.