Board structure, key responsibilities, strategic leadership, important compliance issues, and how to excel in your role
This intensive CPD course will help you to understand how boards are structured, what they do, and how they work. You will gain an overview of Corporate Governance and key legal and regulatory compliance issues, as well as an understanding of risk management in practice. We will give insight into strategic leadership, and will show the duties and responsibilities of the different directors, and will highlight some of the most common mistakes made, and how to avoid them.
We will also offer insight into effective meetings, assessing board performance, and importantly will also show how to ensure that your board remains sustainable, through development and succession planning.
- How boards are structured, what they do and how they work
- The directors – Duties and responsibilities
- Strategic Leadership
- Performance Oversight
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Criteria for appointing directors
- Corporate Governance and recent developments
- Key components of an effective board
- Key principles for effective board meetings
- Learn about the common mistakes that Boards make and how to avoid them
- Risk Oversight / Understanding Risk Management in practice
- Internal pressures involving Directors, Managers, and Owners
- Board appraisal and review
- Sustainability – Board development, succession planning
Who Should Attend?
Chairs and non-executive directors of organisations, CEOs, compliance officers, family members and controlling shareholders of boards of family companies, directors of government and non-profit organisations and agencies, newly appointed board members, as well as individuals with aspirations of becoming a Board member.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (1st EARLY-BIRD), normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, nespresso coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.