The impact of your personality, your communication style and technical abilities will be reflected in your team, their morale, their (and your) success levels, as well as the organisation's objectives. Having great people management skills is absolutely vital if you are to succeed in achieving the goals and objectives set out.
This is an extremely popular course as it teaches you essential people management skills, arms you with the necessary knowledge and education to effectively manage people in your team or organisation, often with immediate effect.
Your personality and your impact on the team as their manager
- Identify the key qualities you will need to manage people effectively
- Understand your personality and how it can impact on your responsibilities as manager
- Do you know what your management style is?
- Find out what are the more common mistakes made by managers in general and how to identify them before it’s too late
- Learn a strategy for great time management to plan your diary for weeks, even months ahead
Become a better communicator
- What does ‘effective communications’ actually mean?
- Gain a better understanding of the communication process
- Identify the key communication techniques you need to deal with challenges such as change management, problem solving, delegation and discipline issues
The power of motivation
- What is motivation?
- How you can create a motivational environment?
- Is there a particular motivational style that suits you?
- What causes demotivation and what is the damage?
- Recognize the building blocks & key elements of the motivational process
The skill and the benefits of Delegation
- Are there different types of delegation?
- Benefits and challenges of delegation
- How to conduct an effective delegation conversation
- What’s the difference between “Urgent” and “Important”
Managing Difficult Situations
- How to spot potential difficult situations before they arise
- Identifying the REAL issues
- How to address sensitive employee situations with skill and diplomacy
- Managing and working with ‘Difficult People’
- Know the barriers that can cause derailment and misunderstanding
- The importance of confidence when dealing with conflict or disputes
Performance Management & Staff Appraisals
- Managing performance through objective setting
- Preparing for the Performance Appraisal
- The different types of performance appraisals
- How to conduct a performance appraisal / the purpose / write an appraisal report / discussion
- Talking about performance and non-performance / providing feedback in a constructive manner
- Case studies and workshops
Who Should Attend?
This CMG MasterClass will be of particular interest to those entering management for the first time, those taking on a team leader role, or those in senior management who wish to identify modern skills in people management. Equally, executives in both the public sector and professionals who have recently moved into management roles will find this course extremely beneficial.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €365 (Early-bird) normal rate is €395, Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.