Updated Content: This course will now review new important changes to the recent publication of the new NEC4 Contract
By attending this course, delegates will gain an insight on how to work with these forms of contract, and how to deal with claims arising under the forms. Attendees will be updated on how the dispute resolution mechanisms now worth with respect to the passing of the Construction Contracts Act. Other topics include the use of FIDIC DABs, the need to know elements of both bringing and dealing with money and time claims, the most recent decisions including the latest TCC and ICC, and lessons learned to utilise in your own projects.
On leaving this CPD Certified MasterClass, attendees will have gained crucial insights that can potentially save time and money, and will have learned best practice in relation to the NEC and FIDIC forms in a practical and pragmatic way, that can be put into effect immediately. You will also receive a full course pack, and gain 5 Structured CPD Points.
- The NEC forms – Overview – Core, Secondary Option and Z Clauses / Time, Programme & Key Dates / The Early Warning Regime / Project Management / Partnering
- The FIDIC forms – The Role of the Employer, Engineer and Contractor / Commencement & Delay / Measurement, Valuation & Payment
- Key changes to the new NEC 4 Contract
- Review of ground conditions claims under the FIDIC Yellow Book (in light of the recent English Court of Appeal decision in Obrascon v Government of Gibraltar)
- Responsibility and Risk Allocation under the Forms
- Money and Time Claims under the Forms
- Dispute Resolution under the Forms - The FIDIC DAB - NEC contractual / statutory adjudication
- Early Termination
- Q & A
Who Should Attend?
This course would be of interest to those who are currently working with, or intend to work with, NEC and FIDIC contracts. Attendees will gain an understanding on how to work with these forms of contract, how to deal with claims arising under the forms, and will prepare attendees with knowledge on transitioning from traditional dispute resolution under the standard Irish forms to NEC adjudication and the use of FIDIC DABs.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.