You can be assured of leaving at the end of the day with new knowledge and skills and an awareness of the science and causes of fire, pre-fire planning and a better undertaking of statutory functions including fire drills and fire exercises. You will also be able to develop and maintain an in-house compliant fire safety register, be aware and informed on current fire safety legislation and building regulations, help with in house passive and active fire safety protection and be in a position to develop better fire safety measures within your company or organisation.
As this course will also cover the Statutory legislative framework in terms of the Fire Services Acts (1981-2003), The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act (2005) and the Building Control Acts (1990 -2017), you will come away with the guidance of an expert tutor in this space, plus the key points of the relevant legislation within the course documentation and takeaway pack.
- Gain an understanding of fire science and discover what’s involved
- Distinguish the difference between fire safety and fire prevention
- Learn how to identify significant fire risk and associated hazards
- Assess and implement fire prevention measures for ignition sources that may exist within your premises
- Learn more about the current Fire Safety Legislation including the Building Regulations, potential ‘Pre-Fire’ planning and emergency procedures
- Identify essential training objectives for staff and visitors
- Identify Fire protection systems – both manual and automatic / Passive and Active Fire Protection
- How to develop a fire safety register
- Q&A Session
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of huge benefit to designated fire safety personnel in buildings, organisations and companies, property managers, office managers, HR Managers, buildings and facilities managers, fire safety managers & coordinators, as well as public sector executives with direct or indirect responsibility for safety in the workplace, and those in the professional sectors who may need to stay up to date on current fire safety compliance and legal obligations.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird Rate) normal rate is €495. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively, you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.