This one-day CPD course will provide attendees with a focused look at key contaminated land legislative issues and environmental and health risks along with providing a pragmatic guide to effective land investigations, risk assessment and remediation.
The course will cover key legislation and EPA guidance on contaminated land, and the use of risk assessment (environmental and human health). The course will show you the practical approach and current best practice to contaminated land investigation and waste disposal, and will give you an informative overview of remediation options. You will be shown examples of how these are carried out in practice, through a number of highly beneficial case studies throughout the day. On leaving this course, you will have also gained 5 Structured CPD Points, and will receive a full course pack to refer back to at any time.
- Understanding Source-Pathway-Receptor Linkages
- Review of Legislation and Guidelines for contaminated land inc. EPA Guidance on the management of contaminated land and groundwater 2013
- Risk Assessment – Environmental and Human Health (Case Studies)
- Types of contamination (LNAPLs vs DNAPLS, etc) and migration in soil and water
- Undertaking a contaminated land investigation (standards and guidance followed)
- Classification of soil for offsite reuse/recovery/disposal
- Overview of remedial options for soil and groundwater remediation
- Key Recent Case Studies
- Q & A
Who should attend?
This course should be hugely beneficial to Local Authority planning and environmental staff, EHS staff at licensed facilities (IPC, IED, and Waste sites), architects, developers and consulting & civil engineers involved in redevelopment on contaminated land.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €425. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.