AIE Regulations allow access to environmental information held by public authorities and the number of access requests under the AIE Regulations are steadily increasing. This course will focus on the requirements for processing a request, examine various exemptions, the appeals process, procedural issues, recent trends and statistics, key decisions / case studies and much more.
Attendees will leave the course with a much greater understanding of the AIE Regulations and common issues to watch out for.
• Understanding the European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2018
• Recent Trends and Statistics
• Defining “Public Authorities”
• Defining “Information on the Environment”
• Discoverable Information and Applying Exemptions
• Procedural Issues: Charges and Timeframes
• Review and Appeal Processes
• Overview of the Office of the Commissioner for Environmental Information
• Key Decisions / Case Studies
• The Role of the Decision Maker
This course is ideally suited to anyone working within a public body responsible for processing AIE requests.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.