There are a number of different types of complaints and complainants. Regardless of the setting, there is a process and procedure that can be learned to ensure all complaints are not only handled effectively but can also be used to improve the organisation.
This one-day course will help you to understand what drives someone to complain, and practical steps for managing complaints. We will show you how to gather all the facts, establishing what is a genuine complaint, the importance of following up, and how to stay calm during the process. The course will also show you how to use complaints to improve your business, and to identify potential areas of improvement before receiving a complaint.
Why People Complain
• What drives someone to complain
• Common reasons for complaints
• The impact of not dealing with complaints effectively
Complaint Handling Skills
• Managing different behaviours
• Practical steps for correctly handling a complaint
• Being aware of tone and body language
Getting to the Root Cause
• Using questioning techniques to gather all the facts
• What defines a genuine complaint?
• Using the fact-find to calm the customer
• Recovery management and the importance of following up
• Identifying what the causes of complaints are in your business
• How to spot and fix areas before complaint stage
• How to use complaints to improve your business
• Gathering feedback – Asking the right questions
Complaints and the Law
• Grievances, complaints and knowing the difference
• The Rights of Complainants
• The Rights of Staff members and other persons subject to a complaint
• Best practice in investigations and fair procedures
• When might a complaint be a protected disclosure?
• Considering relevant case law - when could a complaint lead to legal liability
• Updating organisational policies and learning from complaints
• How to say sorry without assuming liability
This course will be of real benefit to any organisation public or private who deal with complaints or would like to improve their complaint handling procedures
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.