As of May 2018, Data Protection Impact Assessments are compulsory for a large number of organisations. Privacy Impact Assessments, which are to be carried out by the Data Protection Officer, are mandatory under the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These assessments are essentially a risk assessment of proposed processing of personal data.
This unique workshop will examine the concept of Privacy by Design, and will discuss the role of the DP officer. This will be a “learn by doing” workshop, to ensure that attendees know the best practice in practical terms. We will cover an informative walk through of the GDPR in general terms, as well as the PIA methodology in detail, and explore how to identify and undertake a project that may require a PIA. You will hear from others in your field on the key risks that arise from the PIA and will be offered guidance on best practice. You will also receive a full course pack to refer back to at any time.
· Overview of the GDPR
· Review of the 7 Principles
· Focus on concept of ‘Privacy By Design’
· Role of Data Protection Officer
· Review of criteria of projects requiring a DPIA
· Walk-through of the PIA Methodology
· Identification of typical project proposal which would necessitate a PIA
· Workshop - Tackling a project proposal using the PIA methodology
· Key risks and risk management initiatives arising from the PIA – Guidance on possible options
· Summary of best practice approach and learnings from the workshop
· Recent Case Law -
· Q & A
This course would be relevant to Data Protection Officers, Managers, CEO, or any personnel responsible for the implementation and follow-through of your organisation’s Data Protection.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. You will also receive a full course pack to refer to at any time in the future. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate