Employment contracts need to be clear and comprehensive. Generally however, contracts of employment are often poorly drafted and inadequate. In many cases there is verbal agreement with no written terms and conditions. Such scenarios may bring difficulties for parties.
This course will show you, not only the required features of an employment contract, but how to amend an existing contract or incorporate new policies, which is something many businesses are having to do post-Covid. We will show you how to tie in the contract and employee handbook, how to resolve issues open to interpretation and any ambiguity. We will also show you the fair procedures for contract termination and dismissal. All these tips and techniques will prove invaluable going forward, and every attendee will receive course notes to refer to, which may be a hugely valuable resource in the future.
• Contract of service vs contract for services
• Required features - protective legislation
• Best practice - the status of circulars, policies, and guidance
• Incorporating new policies - are you amending the contract?
• Varying the terms - unilateral and bilateral variation
• Breach of contract and constructive dismissal
• The contract and the employee handbook - tying all matters together
• Contractual ambiguity and how to resolve interpretative questions
• Terminating the employment relationship - discipline, dismissal, and fair procedures
• Restrictive covenant and contractual obligations after employment ends
This course will be of interest to HR professionals, Recruiters, HR Specialists, Senior Management, Learning and Development Officers, Directors, CEOs, Supervisors, Talent Managers, Employee Engagement professionals, Management at all levels and business owners to name a few.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
This training course costs €465 EARLY-BIRD (Normal rate €565).
Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATECLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.