This one-day training course gives a clear understanding of the main governing legislation in terms of Fire Safety, offences that may be prosecuted and the powers officers are afforded in this area. You will learn best practice in record keeping, how to write reports that deal with facts, and to understand the difference between notes, statements and reports. You will gain a better understanding of the trial process and how to give evidence.
· Fire services Act 1981 and 2003
· Building Control Act 1990 and 2007
· Multi-Unit Development Act 2011
· Dangerous Substances Act 1972 and Regulations
· Part XVI Planning and Development Act and SI 264 of 2015
· Explanations as to what each piece of legislation deals with powers, prosecutions, offences and penalties
· Various notices the Fire Authority may serve
Written Evidence and Court Procedures
This course is designed specifically for those working in the area of fire safety and building control including architects, surveyors, inspectors and contractors
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and certificates of attendance.