• Attendees should have a solid Excel foundation e.g. be familiar with vlookups/pivot tables.
• PowerBI Desktop needs to be downloaded beforehand. It can be downloaded here
• PowerBI Service is an add-on to an Office 365 licence but can be accessed for a 60 day trial period here. You can get more information about this here
• It is ESSENTIAL you own laptop/computer with the required software installed (Microsoft Excel 2013 or later).
• Overview of Power BI
• Understanding the Power BI Environment
• Connecting to Data Sources
• Loading Data to the Power BI Desktop
• Add Column, Pie, Bar, Line and Area Charts, Maps and Cards to the Canvas
• Formatting Visuals
• Create Slicers
• Editing Interactions between Visuals
• Filtering Visuals and Reports
• Introduction to the Data Model
• An overview of relationships
• Using AI Visuals
• Customising Tooltips
• Using Drill Through
• Introduction to DAX Syntax
• Use basic Dax formula to create a new calculated column
• Create a measure
• Publishing a report
• Creating a Dashboard
• Design Principles
"A really comprehensive course, well delivered" - Patricia Lawe, Teagasc
"First time using Power BI and found it all very beneficial and informative for my job role" - Hope Fleming Sweeney, Lakeland Dairies
This Power BI course is applicable for people who want to understand how to use the Power BI tools and create customized visual reports. It is also suitable for BI and reporting professionals, data analysts, and professionals working with data in any sector.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate of attendance.