Supporting and creating a positive and open environment between an employer and someone affected by the menopause can help prevent the person from losing confidence in their abilities, feeling like they need to take time off and hide the reasons for it, having increased mental health conditions or even leaving their job.
All women will go through menopause, and all women experience menopause differently. Proper training for employers is often essential to fully understand menopause, its symptoms how they can affect staff at any time.
This one-day course will give you a greater understanding of the effects of menopause and what you need to do to both raise awareness and create an open environment. We will show legal aspects you must be aware of. We will show you exactly what menopause means, its many symptoms, and will identify ways to support women during this time. You will learn about key legal issues you need to be aware of, as well as many potential discrimination issues. You will also get to review sample workplace guidelines and policies, to ensure you know what needs to be included in your own. You will also receive all course notes to refer back to.
• Defining menopause and perimenopause
• Identifying Symptoms
• Effects on women’s lives and their work
• Importance of raising awareness in the workplace for both male and female team members
• Ways to support women at work during this time
• Legal Issues for Employers – Law and Case Studies
• Menopause and sex discrimination / age discrimination / disability discrimination
• Facilities, arrangements, and adjustments required
• Obligations on the Employer under the Safety, Health, and Welfare at Work Act 2005.
• Case law and lessons learned
• Putting It All Together – Review of sample Workplace Guidelines and Policies
This course will be of interest to HR professionals, Recruiters, HR Specialists, Senior Management, Learning and Development Officers, Directors, CEOs, Supervisors, Employee Engagement professionals, Management at all levels and business owners to name a few.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificates of Attendance.