If there is one key concern for those working with construction contracts, undoubtedly that is getting paid. However, construction projects rarely run entirely smoothly and if the issue of non-payment does arise, parties may be forced to either bring or defend a claim for non-payment at conciliation, adjudication and/or arbitration.Equally COVID-19 has had a big impact on claims, with projects being stalled and delayed across the country, so where do you stand?
This course will answer these tricky questions and other situations that can arise on site. At the end of the course attendees will receive a full course pack to refer back to, which may prove invaluable, and will have an opportunity to engage in highly informative discussions with an experienced professional, as well as others working within the same field. You will also receive CPD hours to add to your yearly requirements (if applicable)
Some key questions to be asked include:
· What affects has Covid-19 had on money and delay claims?
· What is the legality on documents issued ‘for information only’?
· Who needs to be aware of whatever gives rise to the claim?
· When should the notice under clause 10.3.1 of the PWC be triggered?
· What level of particularisation is required in the follow-up documents?
· If an employer delay is the ‘dominant cause’, what is the contractor entitled to?
Irish construction contracts, how they deal with money and delay claims
• Public Works Contract / RIAI / FIDIC / NEC
The law of damages
• Establishing a breach of contract / Causation / Remoteness / Mitigation of loss
Dealing with money claims
• Gathering the evidence / Preparing your case / Negotiating the bottom line / Set off / Abatement
Dealing with time claims
• Assessing delay / Programming and delay analysis / Concurrent delay
When a dispute arises
• Preparing for a conciliation / Preparing for an adjudication
Money and delay claims due to Covid-19
• Force majeure / Calculating losses / Presenting a claim to the employer
This course is aimed at construction professionals and lawyers who are employed by or who may act for employers (public and private), contractors and sub-contractors in the construction industry.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance in Money and Delay Claims in Construction. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. You will also receive a full Money and Delay Claims in Constructioncourse pack to refer back to at any time in the future. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
This course costs €425 (Early-bird) normal rate is €525.This training course normal rate is €495. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation, Money and Delay Claims in Construction training pack and certificates of attendance.