This one-day Sustainable and Green Procurement course enables those in both the public and private sectors to develop a greater understanding of the principals and processes of sustainable procurement. Attendees will learn how to integrate environmental considerations into the procurement process, providing practical advice on how to achieve this and the sustainability of products and services.
• Overview of sustainable procurement
• Sustainable Procurement Public Policy Drivers
• The benefits and trends in sustainable procurement
• Focusing on key environmental trends in high carbon intensity categories
• Keys barriers to sustainable procurement
• Developing a Green Procurement implementation strategy
• Identifying and categorising environmental impacts by product / service type
• Building sustainability into the procurement process
• Applying criteria at selection and award stages
• Developing models for total cost of ownership calculations
• Sustainability and contract management
• Working with suppliers to enhance sustainability
• Environmental Technical Specifications — Key Tools Available to Help
• Sustainable Procurement Prioritisation Tool — Key Tools Available to Help
This topic will be very relevant to those involved in the process of procuring public work, or awarding public contracts, who wants an understanding of the legal process of awarding contracts and challenging decisions. Relevant to procurement managers in the public sector, state & semi-state bodies, those dealing with public construction contracts, procurement/purchasing managers in hospitals & healthcare, housing, and anyone who is responsible for procuring, awarding, or debriefing public contracts.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
This training course costs €465 (Normal rate €565). Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate of attendance.