The Assigned Certifier is tasked with ensuring building works meet the BCAR standards; however, there are already a number of issues the assigned certifier has faced in these early stages since implementation, both professionally and in a legal context.
This course will examine the professional complexities, challenges, obligations and legalities of the role for the Assigned and Design Certifier, it will highlight the likely areas of contention & steps to avoid potential litigation nightmares in the future. It is a must attend course for anyone working as, or with, assigned and design certifiers, all attendees will get a chance to engage in an informative Q & A session, and will receive highly informative course note.
Practical Issues in the Assigned and Design Certifier Roles
• Key responsibilities of the Assigned and Design Certifier
• Professional relationships in play – Practicalities to consider
• Interoperability of three statutory certifiers and Owner
• Other contractual relationships and separation of roles.
• Commencement Notice (CN) and SDL – significance for BCAR and certifiers.
• Practicalities for the Assigned Certifier in definition and procurement of Certificates.
• The impact of the scale and complexity of a project
• Practical implications of BCAR regulations
• Managing BCAR through the work stages.
• Records and archives – what, when, how.
• Ancillary Certifiers and Ancillary Certificates – appropriate usage.
• Key issues in planning and undertaking inspections.
• Interface with BCMS and Building Control Authority.
• Certificate of Compliance on Completion (CCC) and Supporting Documents.
Liability and Legal Implications an Assigned and Design Certifier must consider
• The potential liability in accordance with the Building Control (Amendment) Regulations
• The liability of the Assigned and Design Certifier arising from BCAR and the Code of Practice.
• Areas of vulnerability for the Assigned and Design Certifier - inspection and certification
• The liability of the Assigned and Design Certifier in the context of the roles of the Building Owners, Ancillary Certifiers and the Building Control Authority
• The Builder's new role and its implications for the Assigned and Design Certifier
This course will be of interest to all Building and Design professionals including, current assigned and design certifiers, as well as contractors, surveyors, architects, engineers, specialist contractors, local authority executives and technical managers, material manufacturers, suppliers to the building sector, procurement executives, tendering managers, government department officers with direct or indirect contact with the building and design sectors, industry associations, representative bodies, educators and regulators.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificates.