This CPD certified MasterClass provides attendees with the key skills and communication tools to minimise the negative impact complaints can have on healthcare services, their staff and resources. We look at the strategies to implement for managing all types of complaints even those deemed unreasonable or erratic.
Course content will look at the importance of wording and body language, legal ramifications and how to deal with the fall out. It is a must attend for anyone directly or indirectly involved with handling complaints in both public and private organisations.
- How to handle a complaint from when it’s first reported, the do’s and don’ts.
- Key roles and responsibilities of handling a complaint effectively.
- Why do complainants behave unreasonably? How to prevent unreasonable complaint behaviour.
- Using the right words and body language, what to try when there is a communication breakdown.
- Recording information and documenting an incident which is the subject of a complaint or potential complaint.
- Key points from the HSE Policy and Procedure manual.
- Learning to say sorry without assuming liability.
- Change DATA protection to compliance with GDPR.
- Stages of the complaints management process.
- Investigating complaints and the stages of the process.
- Implications of DATA protection and the Freedom of Information Act.
- Complaints and Litigation, how a legal claim is brought and when to seek representation.
Who Should Attend?
This MasterClass would be of significant interest to but not limited to healthcare service managers, complaints managers, those with responsibility for patient experiences, nurses, directors of nursing, doctors, clinicians, surgeons and legal consultants.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate of Attendance as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full 5 hours.
This course costs €365 (Early-bird) normal rate is €395. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.