This CPD course will train you in the key principles of effective records management, teach you how to comply correctly with current legislation and help you improve your record management systems, policies and practice.
The course tutors are highly regarded trainers in this area, with a wealth of experience in both the legal and practical side of effective records management. What makes this training course exclusive and unique to CMG Professional Training is the opportunity we give you as a delegate, to bring a copy of your current medical records policy with you on the training day. We can then be specific and give you practical and specific information and guidelines on your particular process and how to improve the management of your medical records.
- What are deemed to be medical records?
- Key principles of Records Management
- What does records management consist of?
- Current regulatory legislation explained- Data Protection , Freedom of Information , National Hospitals Code of Practice
- Basic Project Plan of steps to undertake to help towards GDPR compliance
- Regulatory compliance challenges with healthcare records
- Introducing the characteristics of the main types of records management systems
- Role of the healthcare records manager
- Healthcare records common characteristics of those in the recent media spotlight
- Failure to meet compliance standards – the consequences and legal fallout
- Healthcare records policies & procedures – writing the policies and procedures, introduction to auditing (auditing tools)
- Managing the healthcare records team
- Information confidentiality & security
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This one day CMG MasterClass will be of particular interest to managers/ supervisors/ team leaders working in healthcare professionals and executives, clinical and non-clinical departments personnel, health service administration, in hospitals and other essentially all healthcare facility sectors.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.