Expressing regret for what has happened, keeping the patient informed, providing feedback on investigations & the key steps taken to prevent a recurrence of the adverse event
This unique one-day CPD training course will aim to further improve professional’s knowledge and awareness of the key issues when it comes to to communicating with patients and families when an adverse incident has arisen.
We will explain the key roles and responsibilities, the Protected Disclosure Act and obligations of the employer. We’ll discuss incident management and the reporting process, and best practice when it comes to expressing regret, appropriate support, keeping patients informed, providing feedback and the key steps required to prevent a recurrence of the incident.
Attendees will also receive a full course pack to refer back to at any time, as well as a certificate for 5 structured CPD hours (if applicable).
- Policy breakdown – guidelines & Standards
- Implementation – National & Local level – Key personnel and assignment of responsibilities
- Roles & Responsibilities explained
- Protected Disclosure Act – what disclosures are protected and details of the protections
- Obligations of employer – Protecting Whistle-blowers
- Guidelines of process after an adverse event occurs – Clinical incident management and reporting process
- Communicating with service users and apologies – how to provide appropriate support - Expressing regret for what has happened, keeping the patient informed, providing feedback on investigations and the steps taken to prevent a recurrence of the adverse event.
- Implications of Civil Liability Act 2017 and the proposed Patient Safety Bill
Who Should Attend?
Any professional in the healthcare sector who could be involved in adverse events who need to know the process of open disclosure following an incident
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €375 (Early-bird) normal rate is €475, Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.