The Workplace Relations Act radically reforms the way employment law claims are processed and adjudicated. This course will bring you up to date on some of the key themes and issues arising from both the enactment of the new mechanisms under the 2015 Act and from some important case law.
In just one day, Stephen Hanaphy BL and CMG will bring you through those “steps”, and provide updates on important developments in employment law and workplace relations.
- Ensuring compliance with procedure: in particular, satisfying the requirement of “fairness”;
- The handling and defending of claims taken to the Workplace Relations Commission: getting the technicalities right;
- Protected Disclosures in the workplace: the increasingly audible whistle in the workplace;
- The contract of employment: getting it right. Where are the most common weak areas? How can we learn from the mistakes identified in reported litigation?
- Bullying in the work place: we’ll conduct a survey of the development of this complex area in Irish law, and consider its future in court claims;
- Discrimination and reasonable accommodation: equipping the business for all employees;
- Unfair & Constructive Dismissal
- These can be very costly claims – learn the best ways to avoid disputes in these areas
- How to ensure a smooth parting of the ways
- Procedure for identifying the need for redundancies
- Following fair and non-discriminatory procedure
- Social Media in the workplace: policies and complications that can arise from “tweeting”, “liking”, “instagramming”, “whatsapping” etc!
Who Should Attend?
Legal Firms , Employment Lawyers, Solicitors, HR Managers, Employee Relation Professionals, Industrial Relation Professionals , Senior Management from all public and private sector organisations, to name a few.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird Rate) normal rate is €445. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, Nespresso coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively, you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.