FOI law generally involves making information publicly available. Data protection law involves keeping information private. The FOI and data protection laws are completely different but overlap when it comes to the right of access. Both laws have been overhauled recently.
This intensive one-day CPD course will offer expert insight and information on important issues when it comes to GDPR, Subject access requests, FOI and the right of access.
- The similarities between Data Protection and FOI generally
- Step by step approach to DSARs and FOI requests
- The exemptions under both regimes
- How the two regimes overlap
- How to create an efficient process to deal with requests
- Differences between the approach of the information Commissioner’s Office and the Data Protection Commission
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for people who work with, or will work with, data protection or FOI issues on a frequent basis.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
The cost of this course is €395 (early-bird), NORMAL RATE €495. Price includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, CMG Professional Training will provide sandwiches and tea/coffee for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively, you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops within a one minute radius of the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.