Many organisations have vague and sometimes ambiguous procedures for recording accidents and incidents in the workplace. Inconsistencies in information, delays and failure to report are a few of the problems that commonly arise. This course is designed to give participants the WHY and HOW concerning accident investigation which they can implement in their own organisations. Moreover, we will focus on what to do with the lessons learned from meaningful investigations and reports.
This one-day course will show you how to distinguish both why an incident/accident occurred, but importantly, will also show you how to conduct accident investigations. This would include Best Practice Methodology and include an interactive workshop focussing on accidents that have occurred in your working environment. We will also focus on development of root and underlying causes of accidents. In the afternoon we will also conduct a further workshop on the prevention of recurrence of such accidents. On leaving the course, all attendees will take home a full course pack to refer back to, and 5 Structured CPD Points (if applicable)
On leaving this CPD course, attendees should be able to :
- Understand the importance of effective accident investigation
- Understand the implications of the Injuries Board
- Carry out an effective investigation
- Effectively critique policies and procedures
- Transfer knowledge on effective accident investigation to colleagues
- Identify causation especially root causes and make recommendations to prevent recurrence
- Impact of an accident (including costs). How to tabulate costs
- The injuries Board and litigation/Insurance implications
- Reporting and Recording Requirements
- Accident investigation techniques
- Immediate actions after an accident
- Preventing recurrences based on lessons learned
- Q & A
Who Should Attend?
This course will be of huge benefit to Managers, Health & Safety Advisers, Supervisors, HR Personnel and Claim Handlers, to name just a few.
On completion you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Points. Please note certificates are issued only at the close of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course costs €395 (Early-bird) normal rate is €495. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.