Avoid costly mistakes by staying on top of the latest developments
Recent Court of Appeal Decisions – Section 68 Requirements – Third Party Litigation Funding & Costs – Proportionality Testing
This one day training course has been designed as an essential guide for solicitors and costs professionals to get the most up to date information on Solicitors costs and key areas you need to focus on to avoid costly mistakes. This course will fulfil all your training needs on this topic and ensure you are fully prepared to tackle the months ahead in this incredibly busy time for the legal sector.
- Defining Legal Costs
- Section 68 requirements
- Solicitor and Own Client Costs and Billing
- Party and Party Costs
- Recent Court of Appeal decision in the case of Isabelle Sheehan & implications for the Bill of Costs
- What principles are the principals employed to measure costs.
- Maintaining time records
- Fixed Recoverable Costs
- Barrister and Expert Fees
- Proportionality Testing
- ADR for Costs Disputes
- Solicitor & Client billing updates
– Determining the outlay carried by the firm
– The time gap between initial instructions and ultimate payment
– What’s the impact of costs being either too high or too low?
– Third Party Litigation, Funding & Costs
– Reimbursement of costs if a claim is successful
– Maintenance & champerty
Who Should Attend?
This programme will be beneficial to all legal professionals, solicitors, barristers, consultants, costs experts, government departments and semi-state agencies who are looking to enhance their knowledge and skills in this area.
On completion, you will receive your CMG MasterClass Certificate as well as your CPD Certificate containing 5 Structured CPD Hours. Please note certificates are issued only at the end of the training course to participants who complete the full five hours.
This course early bird rate is €395 normal rate is €495. Includes course documentation and light refreshments. While the course fee does not include lunch, we do provide freshly made sandwiches, coffee and a range of teas and fresh juice for those who require a light lunch. Alternatively, you can avail of the local food stores and coffee shops opposite the training centre for hot food or alternative lunch options.