Building quality over time will depend on the performance of building systems and components with the aim to contain cost-in-use within the limits predicted at design and planning. A building’s ‘Life Cycle’ is influenced by variables such as changing user needs and natural ageing of materials and components, these may bring on the end of building ‘Functional Life’ and ‘Economic Life’ before the end of its ‘Physical Life’. There are several things that need to be considered and this will involve procedures and tools to measure and evaluate building quality and costs over its life cycle.
Defining Building Performance
• Concept of Building Performance
• Performance Parameters & Measures
Building Quality Parameters
• Building Quality Parameters
• Defining Life Cycle Requirements
• Life-Cycle Quality Measures
• Evaluating Designs
• Operating & Maintenance Costs
• Life-Cycle Costs
Technical Quality Management
• Building Ageing, Defects & Technical Performance
• Assessing Technical Performance Over Time
• Technical Assessment Standardisation
• Technical Requirements & Maintenance Priority
Building Life Cycle Management
• Performance Evaluation Over Time
• Post-Occupancy Evaluation: Facility Audit
• Legislations for Life Cycle Management
Developers, Building Owners, Government Officials, Architects, Engineers, Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Contractors/Sub-Contractors/Suppliers, Property Managers, Facilities Managers Maintenance Managers, Management Corporations, Town Councils and Others
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate of attendance.