The sharing of data in the public sector, to improve public services and counter criminality and harm to individuals, is a growing all the time and increasingly expected of public bodies.
This one-day course will cover the legal restrictions that exist, exemptions and other security considerations. We will discuss the role data impact assessments play, and will look at data sharing agreements, how to write one and what they should contain.
• The meaning and types of data sharing
• Data Sharing and Governance Act 2019
• The process of deciding to share personal data, and the role of data protection impact assessments in the process
• Applying the data protection principles to sharing personal data
• Powers to share data, and legal limitations
• What are the conditions under which data may be shared? What restrictions exist, and which exemptions may apply?
• Relevant security considerations
• Specific issues, such as sharing with law enforcement agencies, and the relevance of data protection exemptions
• Data sharing agreements
• How to write a data sharing agreement, and what should it contain
Data Protection Officers, Information Officers, Environmental Information Officers, Information Managers, Freedom of Information Officers, Records Management Officers, Information Lawyers, Environmental Lawyers, Legal Advisors, Consultants and advisors to private sector companies providing public services or exercising public functions, and others.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course.
Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.