GDPR is a dynamic and constantly evolving area for healthcare providers.In addition to providing the key building blocks to understand GDPR, this course will explore emerging case law from the European Court of Justice in relation to transparency, non-material damages and data transfers outside theEU and the implications for healthcare in addition to recent EDPB guidance. The course will also look at GDPR and emerging technologies such as telemedicine,artificial intelligence and genome sequencing. Research, as an important part of a thriving healthcare sector, will be looked at along with important recent regulatory amendments.
Attendees will leave with a greater in-depth knowledge of their responsibilities relating to GDPR, have a chance to engage with other healthcare professionals and discuss solutions for issues you are experiencing.On top of that everyone will receive a highly informative course pack.
· Understanding GDPR.
· GDPR in healthcare
· GDPR- Patient Care, Audit, Public Health, Research, management ofthe health system.
· Understanding primary and secondary processing of patient data.
· Storage of personal information i.e. Patient charts, handover lists, patient lists and discarded information.
· Sharing data outside of the medical team- e.g. for referral.
· Use of Artificial Intelligence and GDPR in healthcare.
· Data subject rights in the context of healthcare- access, portability, erasure, rectification, & portability.
· Handling subject access requests.
· Data breaches.
· Public Health.
· Telemedicine and GDPR.
· DPIA- understanding high risk processing - key elements of a DPIA
· Transfers outside the EU-Adequacy Agreements & Transfer Impact Assessments
· Handling Section 41 B requests.
· Health Research Regulations 2018 and Health Research(Amendment) Regulations 2021.
· GDPR compliant research.
· Genetic, genomic research.
· AI in research.
This training course is designed for those who work with or will work with data protection issues. This one-day course will be of great interest to Directors of Nursing, HR Managers, Compliance Officers, Medical Secretaries, Department Managers, Ward Managers, Risk Managers, IT Managers, Records Managers, Archivists, Information Managers, Legal Advisors, Data Users, Data Processors and anyone tasked with handling patient and personal data.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course.
Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of€485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTETHE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course notes and Certificate of Attendance.