Microsoft Power BI (business intelligence) is a powerful analytics tool that helps companies of all sizes analyse data and share insights.
This 1 Day course is an introduction to Microsoft Power BI and covers the essential skills needed to use the Power BI Desktop. On completion of this course, you will have a better understanding of how to connect to data sources, how to create dashboards, format visuals and how to edit interactions between visuals. You will learn more of the relationship between data, using AI visuals, and how to publish and share reports.
All attendees will receive useful course notes to refer to at any time and have a chance to engage in an informative Q & A on the day.
• Attendees should have a solid Excel foundation e.g. be familiar with vlookups/pivot tables.
• PowerBI Desktop needs to be downloaded beforehand. It can be downloaded here
• PowerBI Service is an add-on to an Office 365 licence but can be accessed for a 60 day trial period here. You can get more information about this here
• It is ESSENTIAL you own laptop/computer with the required software installed (Microsoft Excel 2013 or later).
Power BI introduction
• Overview of Power BI
• Understanding the Power BI Environment
Connecting to Data Sources
• Connecting to Data Sources
• Loading Data to the Power BI Desktop
The Power BI Desktop -Visualizations
• Add Column, Pie, Bar, Line and Area Charts, Maps and Cards to the Canvas
• Formatting Visuals
• Create Slicers
• Editing Interactions between Visuals
• Filtering Visuals and Reports
Relationships/ Data Model
• Introduction to the Data Model
• An overview of relationships
• Using AI Visuals
• Customising Tooltips
• Using Drill Through
• Introduction to DAX Syntax
• Use basic Dax formula to create a new calculated column
• Create a measure
Share a Report
• Publishing a report
• Creating a Dashboard
• Design Principles
This Power BI course is applicable for people who want to understand how to use the Power BI tools and create customized visual reports. It is also suitable for BI and reporting professionals, data analysts, and professionals working with data in any sector.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate of attendance.
No teachers scheduled yet.