This course is designed to provide attendees with the mechanics of a policy for professional indemnity insurance in the context of a construction or engineering project. Delegates will learn key terms and how they relate to the construction project contract or appointment and how claims can arise in practice and ways in which to resolve these issues.
Some of the main points the tutors will focus on include, key terms to note, what common issues can trigger claims, Project documentation essentials and reporting to name just a few.
• Principles and purpose of PII
• They key terms of a typical PII policy
• Issues that may trigger a claim
• PII issues in claim situations
• The importance of underlying project documentation
• How to recognise potential PII issues
• Claims, coverage, liability, quantum and evidence
• Commercial awareness when negotiating and reporting on construction project documents
• The links between PII and the construction contract or appointment
This course will be of interest but not limited to professionals working in the construction and engineering industries and professional advisors who wish to broaden their commercial awareness of how Professional Indemnity Insurance operates in construction and engineering projects.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is€565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.