This course will supply delegates with knowledge and understanding of the installation of energy efficiency measures suitable for non-domestic buildings. It will enable them to assess the significance and condition of the building and make decisions about which measures might be appropriate for use in a variety of circumstances.
During this course delegates will learn the building regulations, support schemes, energy use and improvement opportunities as well as The National Energy Assessment Procedure (NEAP) and an Introduction to iSBEM Software.
• The Building Regulations Part L – Buildings Other Than Dwellings
• Energy Certification Schemes for Non-Domestic Buildings
• CIBSE Good Practice Guides
• Overview of SEAI Support Schemes including (list not exhaustive)
• Exceed Grant Scheme
• Support Scheme for Renewable Heat Grants Available
• Energy Efficiency Obligation Scheme
Energy Use and Improvement Opportunities for Non-Domestic Buildings
To be examined under below headings:
• Building Fabric
• Space Heating; systems and plant
• Water Heating, storage, and consumption
• Ventilation – Natural / Mechanical
• Cooling / Air Conditioning
• Controls for Mechanical Systems
• Lighting; natural and artificial
• Avoiding Solar Gains
• Avoiding overheating
• Energy Generation Opportunities – Thermal and Electrical
How is the Energy Performance Uplift Quantified?
The National Energy Assessment Procedure (NEAP) - Introduction to iSBEM Software
Dynamic Simulation Modelling
It would be of interest to anyone responsible for improving the energy efficiency of traditional buildings. This includes Contractors, Architects, Surveyors and Property Managers.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.