Discovery training is no longer just a “plus” or a “bonus” for litigation solicitors and legal assistants, it is now a necessity to stay relevant in the legal profession.
This Discovery Training Course gives you a step-by-step guide to use through the Discovery process. We walk you through each stage and give you the tools to master each phase of your project. We will take you through the planning stage of discovery, data preservation, data collection and processing, managing the review stage, managing the production stage and avoiding the most common pitfalls that occur during the discovery process.
As an attendee you will receive a full set of informative slides, and you will gain an opportunity to ask questions specific to you and your own projects, that you can implement immediately.
• Discovery Principles and Obligations
• Discovery Law and Procedure
• Categories of Discovery
• DSARs, Investigations and Non-Party Discovery
Planning a Discovery Project
• Consulting with the Client
• Scoping and Searching
• Engaging an eDiscovery Service Provider
• Budgeting and Costs
• The Stages of a Discovery Project
Data Preservation Stage
• What Constitutes a Document?
• Litigation Hold Process and the Litigation Hold Letter
• Technical Preservation of Data
Identification, Collection and Processing Stages
• Identifying Custodians and the Custodian Questionnaire
• Identifying Data Sources and Data Mapping
• Practical Considerations for Collection
• Processing: Deduplication, Email Threading, Keyword Searching
Managing the Review Stage
• Managing Reviewers, Review Meetings and Quality Control
• The Impact of GDPR
• Technology Assisted Review and Predictive Coding
The Production Stage and Avoiding Discovery Pitfalls
• Production Format
• The Discovery Schedule
• The Affidavit as to Documents
• Avoiding Common Pitfalls
• Inadequate Discovery
• Emerging case law
This course will be of interest to legal departments, solicitors, barristers, insurance companies, government bodies, those involved with the collection of data and freedom of information requests, forensic investigators, forensic accountants to name a few.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate of attendance.