Industrial, Commercial & Waste Activities above a certain threshold require a suitable licence to operate under the control of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Licence application process and Licence management can prove difficult and complex, especially considering the significant changes that have been made to the licencing process and governing legislation over recent years.
This course will discuss the latest in EPA Licencing, and will provide key information regarding complexities, relevant legislation, as well as going through the stages of licence application, management review and amendments. We will examine a number of compliance assessments that need to be covered and other issues such as dealing with objections, liaising with the EPA, the EPA’s online portal (EDEN) effective licence management, and much more.
Licensing Legislation Overview
• Environmental Protection Agency Act, 1992
• Protection of the Environment Act, 2003
• European Union (EIA) (IPPC) Regulations 2012
• Industrial Emissions Directive and Regulations 2010 - 2013
• Environmental Protection Agency (Integrated Pollution Control) (Licensing) Regulations 2013.
Licence Application / Review / Amendment
• Industrial IED, IPC & Waste
• Historic Landfills
• Certificates of Registration
• Article 11
• Objections & Oral Hearings
Licence Compliance Assessment
• Surface water
• Air/ odour
• Energy & Water
• Greenhouse Gases
• Waste Management
Reporting & Management
• EDEN – the EPA online portal
• Liaison with the Agency.
• Annual Environmental Reports
• ELRA – Environmental Liabilities Risk Assessment & Financial Provisions
• Waste Classification & Reporting.
• CRAMP – Closure, restoration and aftercare management plan
• Exit Audit
• Surrender process
This course would prove highly beneficial to organisations and facilities that come within the scope of an EPA licence, such as minerals, chemicals, energy, food and drink, fossil fuels, waste, cement, etc. The course would also be of interest to engineers, engineering consultants, solicitors and anyone looking to further their knowledge of this subject.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and certificate.