The future of every business depends on the successful estate and tax planning to transfer ownership from one generation to the next. Surprisingly, only 10% of companies document a plan of succession. The absence of a succession plan could be critical for your organisation.
This one-day training course will give you key tools to understand estate and tax planning for succession and incorporate it into the strategic business planning framework of the whole organisation and start planning sooner rather than later.
All attendees will get a chance to engage in an informative Q & A session and will receive highly informative course notes.
Legal / tax aspects of business succession & MBO’s.
• Estate Planning
• Capital Acquisitions tax (CAT)
• Discretionary Trusts
• CAT Business Relief
• CGT Retirement Relief
• CGT Revised Entrepreneur Relief
• Share Buy back
• Managing the tax efficient transition of your wealth to the next generation
• Identify assets for transfer now and in the future
• Lifetime planning including lifetime gifting and potentially transferring the business to the next generation during lifetime.
• Tax reliefs.
• Having arrangements in place to deal with sudden incapacity including an enduring power of attorney.
• Having a Will in place which is appropriate from a legal and tax perspective.
• Ensuring within the company there are appropriate agreements in place including Shareholders Agreements and possibly Family Charters in the case of family companies.
Getting the Business ready for succession planning & MBO’s
• Choosing internal or external succession
• Creating specific, individualised development plans for key candidates.
• Monitoring performance of potential successors, key tick boxes
• Review and implement appropriate restructuring options
• Leadership can be a lonely place - Providing a mentor for potential leaders to help provide guidance
• How to help potential successors become aware of the wider range of strategic and management issues the firm faces and how to address them
• Contingency arrangements
• Shareholders/ stakeholders to consider
This course should be hugely beneficial to all organisations wanting to implement an estate and tax plan for succession and MBO’s including; Managers, directors, CEO’s, Business partners, Human Resources Managers, Talent Management Professionals and Operations managers to name just a few
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €465 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €565. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.