This course is designed to give delegates a core understanding of the role of the facilities manager and will provide a highly useful introduction into facilities management and the key responsibilities. We will explore health & safety, environmental responsibilities, sustainability, cost management guidelines, and how to conduct a risk assessment.
We will also look at the business case for sustainability and show ways to establish programs to reduce, reuse and recycle; analyse the life cycle costing of sustainable buildings and carry out building commissioning to see which environmental legislation applies.
All attendees will get a chance to engage in an informative Q & A session and will receive their highly informative course notes.
· How has facilities management changed in recent times?
· Relevant HSA guidance to note.
· Soft Services
· Technical Services
· Emergency Situations
· Office Ergonomics
· Transforming Spaces
Health and Safety
· Legal Requirements and Risk Assessments
Environmental Responsibilities - Establish Programs to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
· Waste Reduction Guide
· Energy Saving
· ‘Zero Waste’ approach – going beyond best practices
· Solid waste / energy management and water conservation
· Certification and benchmarking
Cost Management & Life Cycle Costing of Sustainable Buildings
· Cost benefit Analysis
· Life Cycle Costing of buildings
· Life Cycle Costing model,analysis and comparison
· The need for life cycle costing for buildings and its effect on building activities
· Complexity of life cycle costing in time and space
· How to conduct a risk assessment for your building
Sustainable Facilities Management
Business Case for Sustainability
· Concept of sustainability investment
· Integrating environmental issues into business strategies
· Key role played by FM insustainability strategies.
Relating Sustainable Performance Measures of Facilities to Business Indicators
· Sustainability building indicators.
· Measurement, benchmarking and performance in FM
Operational and Maintenance Expertise Critical to Building Performance
· Management and maintenance planning
· Operations and maintenance strategy, role and approaches within an organization
· Procuring operations and maintenance works
· Performance measures for buildings including cost estimation
· Challenges facing Operation and Maintenance professionals
Building Commissioning and Retro-Commissioning
· Case studies on building commissioning in practice
· Identify legislation and standards relevant to corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
This course will be of interest but not limited to managers new to the facilities role, front office managers, operations managers, HR managers, building maintenance managers or anyone in the role of facilities management with no formal training.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course. Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.