Workplace practices and employee needs are evolving, and performance appraisals are not a one size fits all process. They should be aligned with organisational objectives and adapted to meet the specific needs and goals of each organisation.
This one-day course will show you how to set goals and targets with your team, how to review performance (and how to address underperformance). You will learn how to prepare for and conduct an appraisal, with documentation required. You will also learn the best approach to difficult discussions relating to pay, and how to give consistent and constructive feedback when needed.
• The purpose of performance review / appraisal within a performance management and development context
• Appropriate SMART objectives, goals and targets for the employee and their agreed manner of working
• How to review performance and addressing underperformance
• How to link personal development plans for staff to new opportunities for the team
• How to give constructive feedback to maximise productivity
• How to manage review meetings i.e., planning and execution
• The skills needed to engage collaboratively with staff in-line with their working practices
• How to prepare for an appraisal
• How to conduct an appraisal discussion
• Effectively documenting the process
• Accurately evaluating the skills of their employees
• Recognising core competencies that employees must have
• How to negotiate difficult conversations about poor performance
• Tackle tough discussions about pay
• Recognising the importance of consistent feedback
If you manage people, and/or are required to carry out an end of year performance review, this course is for you. The course can help you hone your skills, discover how to handle hard conversations and poor performance, as well as how to make the appraisal process motivating and meaningful for your best performers.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course.
CPD hours may be awarded for this course, please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE.
The course cost includes all course documentation and certificates of attendance.