This unique CMG course will look at how to improve and develop your logistics strategy, as well as the tools and techniques to reduce costs throughout your operations.
The course will look at selecting and implementing Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) including the implementation of cross docking, staging and yard management. We will discuss how to deal with BREXIT and inflation issues,including impacts on materials, labour, sourcing, logistics and will show the value of the supply chain as an integrated whole. All attendees will receive highly informative course notes to refer to and will have an opportunity to learn key insights on how to improve their operations.
“Brilliant course and advise people to do it to refresh the brain on the warehouse, distribution and operations” – Joe McDermott, Breedon Group
Module 1 – Warehouse Operations Management and Improvement
· Introduction to Warehouse Operations
· Picking, put away, replenishment and stock counting strategies
· Labour productivity measurement and reporting
· KPI’s in Warehouse Management
Module 2- Warehouse Design, Optimisation and Technology
· Warehouse Layout
· Barcode Scanning- 1D, 2D, SSCC, RIFD
· Cross docking, staging and yard management
· Selecting and implementing Warehouse Management Systems and other technology
Module 3 Logistics and Supply chains
· Logistics strategies within the supply chain
· Impact of how Covid, Brexit, Ukraine & Ship Groundings could impact the supply chain – The Importance of Contingency planning
· Reverse logistics and Sustainability, Circular Supply Chains – NewConcepts
· Lean logistics - new matters to be considered
· Third Party Logistics 3PL and Fourth Party Logistics 4PL
Logistics Managers, Warehouse Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Strategic Planning Managers, Inventory Managers, Business Development Managers, Project Managers and others who would like a practical overview of logistics operations. Other experienced Managers or Supervisors looking for a fresh perspective and ways to reduce supply chain costs.
On completion of this one-day training course, you will receive your Certificate of Attendance. Please note certificates are issued at the close of the training course to participants on completion of the course.
Please check directly with your association or awarding body to see how many points they will award.
An ‘Early Bird’ discounted rate of €485 is currently available. This training course normal rate is €585. Places are limited and are allocated on a first come first served basis. PLEASE NOTE THE EARLY BIRD RATE CLOSES 3 WEEKS PRIOR TO COURSE DATE. The course cost includes all course documentation and Certificate of Attendance.