About this course
Minute taking is more than just taking notes at a meeting, it is a skill that takes continuous effort to perfect. One of the few challenges minute takers face is knowing how accurately to capture key conversations during the meeting and not opinions.
This course will teach you the essential principles of minute taking for meetings, from preparing effectively to reviewing the finished minutes. Participants will learn how to create an effective agenda, how to listen more effectively and ways to note salient points quickly and clearly.
Key topics include:
- The different meeting types and key terminology
- Key phrases, action verbs
- Fact vs Opinion
- Pre-meeting : Setting the agenda
- Key Skills required
- The listening process
- Dealing with communication Breakdowns
- How to become more Assertive